Monday, November 16, 2009

Day 7 - Guns, Christ, and Sugar Cubes

For those of you wondering what happened to all the sugar cubes when they were replaced by Monsanto-produced substitutes, we have the answer. They are alive and well and still the rage in every restaurant in Kazakhstan.


Back in the USSR! Panfilov Park.


Here is beautiful Zenkov Cathedral which is even more beautiful inside. It is an active place of worship. We lit a candle and prayed in memory of our son Clint. He would have been seven today. We miss him.


Here’s us on the road to the baby house today. It is Karakastek (or Karakactek). Not Kapakactek. Signs may be misleading.



At the baby house, Deanna takes over the blog entries (she is very advanced).

I like it when Daddy does the airplane with me.

Time for a quiz. I am aggravated because:
a) the sun is in my eyes
b) the heavy layers of clothing
c) my mis-matched outfit
d) the fact that I cannot straighten my legs in this infant suit they put me in. Hello! I'm 7 months old!
e) all of the above

Answer: All of the above.

Quiz question #2. I am better now because:
a) my first fresh outfit from mommy
b) I am pretty in pink
c) a move to the shade
d) I like this odd-looking couple who speak strange words but keep coming back to love on me each day


Moving on to other highlights, I had my first cry when they took my bottle away. I was sure there were 2 drops left. For some reason, this pleased mommy and daddy very much. They had never heard me cry before. Also, these new duds allow me to move my legs all around, and even roll over from my back to my stomach. I am becoming an active girl and full of little surprises each day. It seems to make them very happy. Mommy is pouring her love into my soul. Daddy says I am a closed flower that is starting to open. He ain’t seen nothing yet!

One last question, am I supposed to play with these or eat them?


I hope to see them again tomorrow. Have a nice day and night. Love Deanna

Other Notes from Daddy

Carver Nabb – thanks for the news on 50 Cent’s new album. Only 2.5 out of 4 stars in the US? I can assure you it will get at least 4.5 out of 4 in Kazakhstan. I may download it to win new friends here. Thanks for the tip.

Rob Nabb – thanks for the Hulu suggestion but we need you to do some additional groundwork. I have been informed that:
For now, Hulu is a U.S. service only. That said, our intention is to make Hulu's growing content lineup available worldwide. This requires clearing the rights for each show or film in each specific geography and will take time. We're encouraged by how many content providers have already been working along these lines so that their programs can be available over the Internet to a much larger, global audience. The Hulu team is committed to making great programming available across the globe

4 comments:

  1. For Rich'e eyes only --> you need to hide your IP address so they don't know you are outside of the USofA. Download this --> http://anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/. Search google for articles related to "watching hulu videos from outside of the US with hotspot shield. I will also have my guys in India find you a similar international site. Still loving the updates...reading them is part of my daily routine now! Monte looks HAPPY! You looked the part by standing next to the big guns!!! Scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich,
    When you get back to the States...you need to install the Slingbox on your home TV...it will stream video to you anywhere in the world. http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/slingbox.htm. Check out page 3. $179.99 at Best Buy. I have India sending me URLs for more videos and shows...will send that to you via facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable and I am having a blast reading your blog everyday! Thanks so much for the updates - it makes me feel like I'm right there with you! I saw Nick at church yesterday and he smiled when I asked him about his new little sister! Of course, he said he really misses Mom and Dad!

    Love ya
    Deb Geist

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can really see the baby coming out in her, she's definitely blooming. I think you're right, you haven't seen anything yet. Give her a 100 hugs and kisses from Aunt Aimee and Cousin Chloe. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete