Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 2 with Nina


We cannot believe the progress Nina has made since we last saw her. She has advanced way beyond anything we dreamed was possible in such a short time, especially without a change of environment. How did this baby go from such a closed flower to absolutely thriving in just a couple months? Even the nurses' attitudes have changed from "Deanna who?" on our first trip to "my daughter Deanna!" as expressed by Nurse Chef Boyardee? Our interpreter says that our love breathed life into her soul. That may be a part of it, but it seems the hand of God has been at work in a big way. It is a miracle in our view. It is hard to show her progress, but here are a collection of pictures from Day 2 that may shed some light. (this is a bit of a rewind as the court date was Day 3 - we'll get our days straight shortly)

Saying Hello on Day 2


I like this lady very much.



I can push up and hold myself very high. No more wobbly head.


I have been seriously studying and slobbering on this book that mommy left for me. It has pictures of my new brother and sister. I love this thing.


Time for the bouncy that I wear out. I dance and shake my head to every tune.


I love inspecting this lady.

Bath time. That towel is cold. It cracks me up.


New clothes again.

I am no longer stingy with my smiles and laughs - they come very easily these days.



The baby in the mirror is cool.


Really cool.

Dude with camera. Can I help you with something?


Peace.


This Oxana lady is nice too.


I can roll over and army-man crawl wherever I want now.


They even feed me real food once a day now (bottles 3 times a day). This should make my grandmas very happy.


I get very sleepy after lunch.


Time for my nap. Come back to see me again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment